If I Could Only Pick Five Red Rocks Shows In 2019
There is so much going on at Red Rocks, how do you maximize your concert dollar? I think the answer is diversity, make sure you're touching on each musical nerve in 2019. These are my five can't miss Red Rocks experiences for this year (so far).
5. Rufus Du Sol with Bob Moses - Come shake your groove thing with alt dance pop from down under on October 2nd and 3rd.
4. Tenacious D w/Colorado Symphony Orchestra - The D are coming in hard and fast on July 25th with a full symphony backing them, it doesn't get much more epic than that.
3. Young The Giant with Fitz and the Tantrums & Coin - Congrats to Young The Giant on their recent big number one single (two weeks in a row)!
2. The Avett Brothers - The folk rock icons will be in the neighborhood July 5th through the 7th and will feature a different opener each night.
1. Umphrey's McGee - Ok maybe you weren't expecting me to go the 'jamband' route. But UM is much more than that. Progressive shredding is more like it and they'll be there for a three night stand from June 21st through the 23rd.