Drug Task Force Busts Narcotics Operation at Fort Collins Hotel
After a months-long investigation, the Northern Colorado Drug Task Force (NCDTF) infiltrated a narcotics operation at a Fort Collins hotel on Wednesday (Feb. 3).
According to a press release from the Larimer County Sheriff's Office (LSCO), authorities served search warrants at the Baymont by Wyndham Hotel (3808 E. Mulberry St.) around 6 a.m., gaining access to four rooms and one vehicle on the property.
There, officers seized over 500 grams of narcotics, including black market Xanax, heroin, and methamphetamine. They arrested the following:
- Korie Danise Goss, 47, for Possession with Intent to Distribute — Felony 1, Possession with Intent to Distribute — Felony 2, Possession with Intent to Distribute — Felony 3, and Possession of Controlled Substance
- William Edward Backhoff, 32, for Possession with Intent to Distribute — Felony 1, Possession with Intent to Distribute — Felony 2, Possession with Intent to Distribute — Felony 3, Possession of Controlled Substance, and Drove While License Revoked
- Leray Dante Michael Smith, 20, for Violation of a Protection Order — Class 2 Misdemeanor, Felony Failure to Appear Dangerous Drugs, Felony Failure to Appear Dangerous Drugs/Possession of Burglary Tools, and Domestic Violence/Harassment/Trespass
- Aaron James Cole, 52, for Failure to Verify Location as a Sex Offender
- Beth Ann Reeves, 47, for Felony Failure to Appear/Burglary and Failure to Comply/Dangerous Drugs
NCDTF credits multiple agencies, including the Fort Collins Police Services and LCSO, for assisting with the investigation.
6 Infamous Inmates of Colorado's Supermax Prison