Watch Hot-Air Balloons in Windsor Over Labor Day Weekend
Hot-air balloons will fill the sky over Windsor Lake on Labor Day weekend. Wait, what? Is this real life?
Typically during this time of year, we kick off the fall season with the Annual Windsor Harvest Festival, but with social-distancing in place, things will be different this year.
Fireworks won't be part of the event in 2020, but the hot-air balloon show will continue as long as the weather cooperates.
If you'd like to see the colorful show, hot-air balloons will fill the skies from 6-8 a.m., Saturday through Monday at Eastman Park, Boardwalk Park, Coyote Gulch Park, Northern Lights Park, Highlands Park and Windshire Park. See below for other ways the festival will celebrate the turning of the seasons:
Windsor Fall Harvest Festival
Date: September 5 – 7
When and Where:
- Hot-air balloons will go airborne Saturday through Monday from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. at Eastman Park, Boardwalk Park, Coyote Gulch Park, Northern Lights Park, Highlands Park and Windshire Park.
- The farmer's market will be Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Windsor History Museum will be open with free admission from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Doggie Dip will be Sunday at the Chimney Park Pool, but you must pre-register for $5. Your dog must also have verification that they've gotten all their shots.
- Bring a lawn chair and enjoy Aladdin at Boardwalk Park on Sunday from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- On Monday, you are invited to team up with your neighbors from 8 a.m. to noon and host your own "kiddie parade".
I will one hundred percent be watching the hot-air balloons with my three-year-old. My husband is trying to convince me to ride one, but that is absolutely not going to happen.
Check out the full Harvest Festival schedule here.