Transfort Bus Service Adds New Mask Requirements
The NoCo Virus Tracker articles are made possible by our partners, the Keep NoCo Open campaign that reminds citizens to wear a mask, wash your hands, physically distance and support local as Northern Colorado recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
New mask requirements have been put in place for all who use Transfort buses due to new federal regulations.
As per reports from the Loveland Reporter-Herald, a news release states that new federal regulations specify acceptable types of face coverings and extend mask requirements to outdoor areas where the Fort Collins bus service operates.
The mask requirements imposed by Transfort include:
- Masks must be worn on Transfort buses and in all indoor and outdoor areas of transit centers and bus stops
- Masks must properly cover the nose and mouth
The following will not be accepted as proper face coverings:
- ski masks
- shirt collars pulled over the mouth
- face shields or goggles alone
- masks containing slits
- exhalation valves or punctures
- masks that do not fit properly (i.e; masks with large gaps, masks that are too loose/too tight)
The release stated that those who refuse to follow requirements will be denied boarding or removed from Transfort property and could be subject to penalties.
Transfort buses are currently operating at half capacity but continue to be fare-free as per an emergency order signed in March.
Additional details can be found at ridetransfort.com.
Keep NoCo Open
Old Town Fort Collins: Ten Years Ago, and Now