Seeing A Show At The Mishawaka? Here’s How To Get There
It’s one of Nothern Colorado’s greatest (not so) hidden gems and one of the best concert venues in the state of Colorado, if not, dare we say, the nation.
Nestled in the heart of the Poudre Canyon lies the Mishawaka Amphitheatre.
About The Mishawaka
The Mishawaka Amphitheatre, or simply “The Mish,” is as unique as it is iconic — a music venue, restaurant, and bar all in one located about 13.7 miles up the Poudre Canyon in Bellvue, Colorado.
Some of the Mish’s most popular offerings include:
- Live shows. Like the venue’s formal name would lead you to believe, the Mishawaka is, in fact, home to a gorgeous, 1,000-person amphitheater that sits right along the Poudre River (tip: makes for a great photo op); the stage has showcased some of the greatest music and talents from Colorado and beyond. But the Mish boasts more than another incredible stage. The SpokesBUZZ Lounge is an indoor stage that can hold 150 people and is set in the Mish’s historic dancehall “primed for an intimate concert experience with your favorite local music.”
- Dining. Want/need another reason to visit The Mish? Mishawaka’s restaurant is open all year and is a full-service restaurant offering unparalleled views. Patrons have the option of taking in stunning canyon views either from the Mish’s indoor sunroom or outside on the deck, which overlooks the Poudre River.
- Special events. Looking for an excuse to spend even more time at The Mish? The Mishawaka offers packages for all kinds of events, from weddings to corporate and private events and more.
Getting To The Mishawaka
Many things make Mishawaka a unique place to visit, but the actual process of getting to the Mish might be among the most unique.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Mishawaka Amphitheatre is a Shuttle-To Venue. That means that if you’re planning on going to see a show at the Mishawaka, you’ll need to make reservations for a seat to ride the venue’s designated shuttle.
Reserving Your Spot On The Mishawaka’s Shuttle
Driving to the Mish for a concert isn’t encouraged (minus a few exceptions), but getting to the venue is super simple using Mishawaka’s shuttle.
Planning on going to a show at the Mish?
Here’s how to reserve your spot on the Mishawaka Shuttle
Visit Mishawaka’s official website and select the tab on the home page titled “Shuttle and Parking.”
From there, scroll down the page and click on the link that says “Click to Reserve Shuttle or Parking;” follow the directions via the link and secure your ride to (and from) the Mish.
Most patrons are shuttled to and from the venue, being that the Mish sits on the Poudre and doesn’t have the capacity to provide every visitor with parking.
As such, parking is extremely limited (trust us on this one) for restaurant patrons and concertgoers — although there are usually a small number of reservations available for concerts.
Nevertheless, the venue highly encourages you to reserve your spot and ride the shuttle if at all possible because once parking sells out for an event, there will be no way for you to park on-site at a concert at the Mish, according to the venue’s website.
- Shuttle (purchased in advance, online): $27.50
- Stand-by (day of) *cash-only*: $30
- Parking at the Mish: Parking availability can be checked here; if parking is not listed, parking is SOLD OUT. If you do manage to snag a parking reservation, parking at the venue is $45 but — truly — is rarely available on show day.
Where to meet the Mishawaka Shuttle: Unless otherwise noted, patrons can meet the shuttle at various CSU shuttle locations, including the CSU Transit Center and Lory Student Center.
Other Things To Keep In Mind
Have additional questions regarding the Mishawaka and its shuttle feature? Look no further; below are a bunch of frequently asked questions about the Mish - answered:
- What if I don’t see any parking/shuttle reservations listed for sale online? If parking/shuttle options are not listed online and/or available for your upcoming show, that means said options are sold out.
- What happens if I miss my shuttle? Reserved shuttle riders receive priority seating at their assigned time. If you miss your shuttle, the venue cannot guarantee a seat on the next shuttle.
- Are stand-by purchases available to events at the Mish? While stand-by purchases are available, seating is not guaranteed; to reserve a seat, you are encouraged to do so at least 26 hours before the show.
- Lost your shuttle confirmation email? If you can’t find your shuttle/confirmation email, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, and the venue will resend your confirmation. Note: you do not need your confirmation receipt to claim your shuttle or parking reservation. You just need the reservation name (valid identification is preferred).
- Are refunds available? Refunds can only be requested 48 hours in advance of the opening of the show. To request a refund, email email@example.com.
- Does The Mish only offer one shuttle service? CSU is the only shuttle pickup organized by The Mish. There is no campground or alternate transportation service offered by Mishawaka. All shuttles are scheduled to return at the end of the show. Shuttles will be loading throughout the show and may leave early if they fill.
- I can’t make it to the show. Can a friend take my tickets/use my spot on the shuttle? The Mish won’t switch the name on your shuttle reservation; however, the friend would be granted access to the shuttle as long as they used your name to check in.
- Am I allowed to drink on the shuttle? There is NO drinking OR smoking at the shuttle stop or on The Mish shuttle.
- Can I bring a chair? Chairs are only permitted if space allows. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to check before bringing your chair onto the shuttle.
Have any other questions? Direct assistance is available by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re looking for information day of show, text 970-481-9466.
If you’ve never been up to The Mish for a concert/event, I highly suggest adding it to your list of things to do.
Getting the chance to hang out and watch a show at the Mishawaka is truly an experience like none other, and I can’t wait to get back soon!
Convinced yet? Check out a list of upcoming shows and events coming to the Mish here.