3 Colorado Cities Listed As Best Places for a Canna-Cation
According to a report from travel information industry leader, Upgraded Points, there are 3 cities in Colorado that have been named on the top 10 list for a canna-cation.
First off, What's A Canna-cation?
There are so many new terms and phrases being invented every day that it can be difficult to keep up.
A canna-cation is a cannabis vacation. It's basically a term for those looking to take a vacation where they can enjoy the consumption of cannabis.
States that allow recreational marijuana use are the bare minimum requirement for landing a spot on the list of the best places for a canna-cation.
Weed tourists are looking for places with the lowest costs and highest quality, while also seeking places that offer guided cannabis tours, and other fun cannabis-related activities.
Here are the 10 factors used to determine the best places for a canna-cation:
- Average Cost of Airfare (Round-trip)
- Average Nightly Price at a Weed-friendly Accommodation
- Number of Weed-friendly Airbnbs (per 100K)
- Average Cost of Rideshare (UberX Rides)
- Number of Medical and Recreational Dispensaries (per 100K)
- Average Cost of a 1/4 Ounce of Weed
- Number of Guided Cannabis Tours
- Average Cost of Weed-friendly Experiences
- Number of Weed-friendly Experiences (per 100K)
- Number of Fast Food Restaurants (per 100K)
The Best Places in Colorado for a Canna-cation
Coming in at #8 is Colorado Springs. Currently, the possession and consumption of marijuana are legal in Colorado Springs, however, recreational marijuana is not sold within the city.
Fort Collins also placed 4th when it came to the least expensive U.S. cities for a canna-cation.